Boston Sporting News

The Blog I never wanted to write. B’s Lose Game 7
April 26, 2012, 3:57 PM
Filed under: Uncategorized

The Bruins lost game 7 in overtime. In an unbelievable series of events the Stanley cup champions of last year are ousted in the first round and what was the closest series ever in NHL history. All 7 games were decided by 1 game and a couple of them even went into overtime, like the one last night. I meant to write this blog last night but couldn’t really get to it and honestly didn’t really want to.

The reason the B’s lost is mainly because of their power play. Absolutely horrendous. 2 goals in 23 chances. That is less then 10 percent and a good team usually averages 20 to 30 percent on the power play. With the series so close through I believe 2 more power play goal easily couldve been the difference.

The Caps deserve all the praise for beating the Bruins. They really deserved it. It was a hard fought battle that either team couldve won. Braden Holtby, the Caps goalie, was absolutely unbelievable. If he continues this solid play he could carry his team all the way to the Cup. Washington played with more grit and intensity then the Bruins did all series and it just felt like we were always behind trying to work our way up the ladder. The Caps stifled all chances for the Bruins to play good in the offensive zone. They weren’t working for the dirty areas because the Caps were just being to physical. For once, a team actually beat us at our own game.

This isn’t the last time we will see the B’s and there chance for a cup. For the next decade or so they have a legitimate chance at being a powerhouse. Tim Thomas has a few more years in him and after that it will be Tuukka Rask’s as the full time goalie and with more experience he will be good. The team is very young. Thier emerging star Tyler Seguin isn’t even old enough to drink yet and he already knows what it feels like to win a Stanley Cup. Most of the team will be intact next year and I expect a few prospects to be NHL ready and wanting their time to shine.

There is always next year and if you don’t want to wait you can watch the Celtics. Which I will have my expectations for next blog.

1 Comment

First of all I don’t how you wrote this post. Second the NHL Playoffs are different then any other playoffs because it doesn’t really matter what your seed position is, all that matters is that you made it. The team that usually wins the Stanley Cup is the one that gets hot at the right time, it is similar to the NFL when I think about it. But it was a hard loss, but being optimistic they are young.

Comment by dwpage